Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Real SiteLock Experience - Jennifer Ellis

Check out this gem by Jennifer Ellis..

Full story can be found on her site: http://www.jlellis.net/blog/my-experience-with-sitelock/

I got it as a $14.99 add on per year with my web host.  I have had it for about 8 months now and got my first malware alert today. The notice stated that I had a critical problem.  Very serious! So I looked at the SiteLock dashboard and sure enough, it said the same thing.  I put in a ticket with SiteLock and got a call relatively quickly in response.

This sounds about right, some random notice that makes you submit a ticket.. then..

The result was a sales call in which the woman did everything possible to upsell me on all sorts of services. A $500 fire wall, another x amount for this service, or x amount for that service.  And to clean my site? $199.  

Yup, I know this experience all too well... she shares some more info on how the refund process went.. which is fun!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment