Wednesday, August 10, 2016

SiteLock Switch and Bait - Screwing Website Owners One Contract at a Time

Check out this poor blokes experience with our beloved Sitelock... they got switched and baited by the sales team.. "Oh.. oops, was supposed to be a 6 month contract, not a 12 month.." my bad... cute, very cute...

I got ripped off but revered charges.
They tried to pull a bait and switch by changing the agreed upon 6 month contract to 12 months. When I found out they pulled a fast one, I contacted them:
On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 12:04 PM, Tony wrote:
I thought this was supposed to be for 6 months?
------
From: Antoinette Cromartie [mailto:acromartie@sitelock.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 2, 2016 3:06 PM
To: Tony
Subject: Re: Securing Your Site (HostGator/SiteLock)
I just checked the agreement.
My apologies,
I did send you the 12 month. I will send you the 6 month agreement now.
Antoinette
-----------------
On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 12:11 PM, Tony wrote:
Hi Antoinette,
I don’t want to sign up to both a 12 month contract and a 6 month contract.
Is the 12 month one canceled?
Thank you,
Tony S.
--------------------------------------------
Tony,
Once the 6 month agreement is signed it will void out the 12 month agreement.
For us both to have the 6 month agreement in our records, the new agreement does need to be signed.
Phone or email me directly.
Thank You
Antoinette
-------------------
Tony,
We can't manually cancel the agreement. It is only voided once the new one is signed.
Thank You
Antoinette
--------------
From: Tony
Sent: Tuesday, August 2, 2016 3:54 PM
To: 'Antoinette Cromartie'; 'HostGator'; 'support@sitelock.com'
Subject: RE:: Securing Your Site (HostGator/SiteLock)
Importance: High
Antoinette,
No. Cancel all the invalid 12 month contract(s) right now.
You intentionally baited and switched and sent me the wrong document and when I found out what you did, you admit in your email you sent the wrong document.
The 12 month contract is invalid. Are you operating in a phone boiler room?
Cancel the charges now or I will contact my CC company to reverse the charges and I will report you to Host Gator, the BBB and I will copy/paste these emails and leave bad reviews on you.
------------
Hello Tony.
I just tried to phone you.
Again, my apologies for the 12 month agreement. It was an honest mistake.
We can honor the 6 mth agreement, once it is signed. Once that is signed it will void out the 12 month agreement.
xxxxxxxxxxxx
This is a condensed version of the full email thread. It goes on and on. However, I'm not doing business with sitelock under any circumstance. They pulled a bait and switch, then refused to refund my money even though they sent me the wrong contract and admitted to it in writing.
I contacted my CC company and reversed the charges.
These guys are scammers. Dont do business with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment