Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Beware of Hostgator/Sitelock

Funny how many times this happens..

I moved all my sites from Godaddy to Hostgator.I bought a shared hosting and paid for 36 months.
Within 2 weeks I started getting sites hacked. Hostgator recommended that I contact Sitelock to protect my sites. The wanted 3X more than my hosting to protect all my sites 50+. I had EVERY one of my sites hacked in the past couple days.
Nothing on any of them but a black splash screen with a Wolf and Arabic Writing on it. I called Hostgator and asked if they had any solution to this that didn't include Sitelock. The didn't. I asked the tech if Sitelock and Hostgator were owned by the same company.
The answer was, "I think so".
I have cancelled my hosting with Hostgator and we will see if they really credit my card as they said they would.BEWARE OF HOSTGATOR AND SITELOCK.

Imaging paying 3x more than your hosting package... This poor chap needs to read my past post.  Amazing that no one else is talking about this.. damn shame.. more people just getting screwed over...

No comments:

Post a Comment