Thursday, June 23, 2016

SiteLock Shady Tactics to Win Sales!

Came across this gem today... yet another host partnering with SiteLock where they "magically" find a new issue and whilst not providing any information.. proceed to trying to get the sale...

Original post: http://sitelock.pissedconsumer.com/lock-down-your-site-over-non-malware-20160524853432.html

So netfirms partnered up with sitelock...the next thing I know all my sites are suspended do to (known malicious file; matched malware: SiteLock-PHP-INJECTOR-1-eky.UNOFFICIAL).
Basically if you run Wordpress or zengallery your up a creek. It maked 112 files. So to fix it you can of course pay them - if you don't your websites are disabled to protect you of course. Found out they could turn the website on for 24hrs and will charge $300 to do a one time website clean for me.
I recommend you find a host provided that does not use SiteLock.I wasted a entire day dealing with it and I am a developer by trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment